Along the Crystal Coast, December is known for its unpredictable weather, beautifully decorated neighborhoods and peaceful beaches. The crowds have gone, fishing has calmed down and many of us take our downtime to tackle home maintenance issues and updates.
It's popular belief that listing your home in December, especially during the holiday season, isn’t worth the time. It’s important to revisit the key reasons why it is such a great chance to list your home. Besides getting a jumpstart on the New Year and increased competition, your home tends to show better and can offer that much needed emotional connection which makes a house feel more like a home.
Top 6 Reasons To List Your Home In December:
- Holiday Decor: Make your home shine during the holidays! Along with the amazing scents of the holidays, a festive and carefully decorated home provides an emotional connection and a positive experience for a potential buyer.
- Less competition: As a seller, listing your home for sale in December gives you a multi-faceted head start. Typically, fewer homes are available for purchase in December and January. Many owners contemplating a sale won't follow through until late January or even later in February or March. Yet buyers often begin their searches at the turn of the year. With less competition in terms of active listings, prospective purchasers actively searching have a smaller number of properties from which to choose. Your chances of attracting a buyer have then increased. In any event, getting the house ready for the market is one New Year's Resolution already crossed off the list!
- Increased Exposure: Folks tend to take more time off during December and the holidays to explore their home buying options - which could potentially offer more eyes on your home.
- Serious Buyers: Typically buyers who are house hunting during the holidays are serious about finding their new home. While there are generally fewer buyers during the holiday season, the ones that are looking are more ready and willing to make an offer!
- Flexibility: Take your time and enjoy the holidays. Simply adjust the showing schedule to require advanced notice to fit your specific needs. Most folks will understand and are happy to accommodate the request.
- Secondary-Image Home Buyers: Having your property ready and listed during December provides potential buyers the opportunity to purchase an investment property before the peak season. This gives them the time to make their new home ready for renters in hopes of maximizing their return.
Understanding modern home buying habits is also key. With most Real Estate searches beginning online, potential buyers can begin their search without restraints set by daylight limitations or specific days of the week. The holidays are filled with families spent talking with one another about a possible new home buying experience, so be sure to have your home ready and listed.
Whether it’s just for Summer or full-time, the Real Estate market along the Crystal Coast is improving and we’re seeing an increased number of people choosing to make our area their home. Don’t wait for the New Year to begin the listing process. Beat the crowds and get higher exposure for your home by getting your home listed and ready to sell this December.
Thinking of listing your home? Meet our Team of experienced agents and let us help you through the process.